We’re used to Bike Party, but it’s time to show some serious pedal power during Friday’s commute in Baltimore.
Bike to Work Day returns across the nation on May 20, and there’s a number of spots hosting morning meetups around Baltimore.
Along with ditching traffic and getting active, Bike to Work Day coincides with the area’s ground-level ozone season. That’s when those orange and red warnings make the air difficult to breathe for kids.
Biking to work on one day won’t solve the problem, but it’s a good way to show that it’s possible to go car-free. Plus, you get a T-shirt if you pre-register.
Below is a full list of morning meetup sites in the city, open from 7-9 a.m. This website has more. The evening is set to cap off with a happy hour at McHenry Row.
- Baltimore City Hall
- Baltimore Bicycle Works
- Joe’s Bike Shop
- Merritt Athletic Clubs (Canton and Downtown)
- Union Memorial Hospital
- 750 E Pratt
- University of Maryland Medical Center
- Zipcar (Fells Point)
Latest posts by Stephen Babcock (see all)
- ACLU Calls for Baltimore’s HQ2 Proposal to be Made Public - November 7, 2017
- Software Rollout Contributed to UA’s Disappointing Earnings - November 1, 2017
- 10 impact-focused Ventures Join Johns Hopkins’ Social Innovation Lab - October 31, 2017