Looking for Food & Drink news? Read below. Looking for Food and Drink Specials – click here!
Read Our Most Recent Food & Drink Stories
- The Elephant’s building is for sale, but owners say restaurant will go on like normal The beautiful mid-19th century home of The Elephant restaurant is on the market, but the owners of the restaurant say nothing will change with their dining service as a result. “The thinking is to keep things going just the way it has been without our guests and the community and employees seeing any change,” said ...
- New operators aim to reopen the Baltimore Eagle in two weeks, after receiving a liquor license The Baltimore Eagle nightspot, shuttered since July, is expected to reopen within two weeks to a month under new owners and operators.
- Nepenthe Brewing Co.’s experimental beers and innovative pub food are just days away The starting line is near for Nepenthe Brewing Co. After about a year and a half of construction and outfitting the business’ sprawling new space at 3626 Falls Road, co-owner Brian Arnold said he should finish kegging the first four beers to be served there by the end of this weekend.
- Hot Plate: Restaurant Weeks continue, Little Italy Meatball Fest, RAR + Union Craft at Don’t Know Tavern & more Baltimore Restaurant Week is winding down, Baltimore and Howard counties’ restaurant weeks are heating up and a diverse mix of events, from tea classes to beer dinners to meatball eating contests, are popping up on the horizon. Here’s a look at what’s coming up:
- Don’t Miss Baltimore Restaurant Week – Now Through 1/20 Don't Miss Baltimore Restaurant Week - Now Through 1/20
- Enjoy Baltimore Restaurant Week in Harbor East – Now – 1/20 Enjoy Baltimore Restaurant Week in Harbor East - Now - 1/20
- Hot Plate: Winter Restaurant Week, Krautfest at Gertrude’s, Mera’s Kitchen Collective & Cajou at LB Tavern and more With Baltimore Winter Restaurant Week in full swing and several fun events on the horizon, there are plenty of reasons to bundle up and head out to dinner (or lunch or brunch) this week.
- Hot Plate: Restaurant Week kickoff, Sotto Sopra’s L’Anno di Bergamo begins, purple pancakes for the Ravens, big plans at Ouzo Bay and more It’s a new year, which means it’s time for new beginnings. Baltimore’s restaurant industry is already working hard on that resolution. This week brings tons of announcements of openings around town, plus the return of Restaurant Week in the city and much more. Here’s a look at what’s on tap:
- Fells Point’s Peter’s Inn is back and as lovable as ever A few years ago, I interviewed Karin Tiffany, the co-owner of Peter’s Inn, for a feature on restaurant personalities, and we got to talking about what’s important to her as a restaurateur. She said she never takes her customers for granted, that she and her husband/business partner, Bud Tiffany, recognize that going out to eat ...
- Baltimore Restaurant Week Runs January 11 – 20 Baltimore is a delicious city! Don’t just take our word for it – explore Baltimore’s food scene this January during Baltimore Restaurant Week. Try somewhere new, go out to lunch, have a date night (or two). Get out this winter and treat your taste buds.