Looking for Food & Drink news? Read below. Looking for Food and Drink Specials – click here!
Read Our Most Recent Food & Drink Stories
- Heavy Seas Beer announces Froot Joose IPA In the latest spin on its signature Loose Cannon IPA, Heavy Seas Beer is loading up the fruit juice–er, froot joose. The second brew in the Joose Cannon series remixing Loose Cannon is hazier and juicier than the flagship beer, the brewery announced today. Thanks to Citra, Galaxy and Enigma hops, the Froot Joose IPA ...
- Reminder: It’s Matthew Judon Day at area Taco Bell locations Among the many wonderful things to happen during the Baltimore Ravens’ dominant win over the New England Patriots last Sunday was linebacker Matthew Judon’s on-air introduction. As the “Sunday Night Football” production team cycled through the Ravens defense, with each player saying his name and college program, Judon made the beautiful, out-of-left-field pronouncement “Matthew Judon, ...
- Hot Plate: All Things Apple at Union Collective, Fells Point Wing Fling, Champagne at Magdalena and more This week offers food lovers the opportunity to celebrate everything from champagne to chicken wings–and oysters, of course, since it’s autumn in Baltimore. Here’s a look at what’s coming up in the local restaurant scene:
- The Laughing Pint in Highlandtown to close later this month The Laughing Pint, a Highlandtown corner bar that felt as lived-in and welcoming as any canonical Baltimore watering hole, will close later this month after 13 years in business.
- Guinness launches stock ale aged in Bulleit Bourbon barrels Just in time for the very-real International Stout Day, Guinness Open Gate Brewery is releasing a heavy a blended beer aged in the barrels that house delicious bourbon. The full name: Guinness Stock Ale Aged in Bulleit Bourbon Barrels. Pretty straightforward. But what exactly is in the stock ale?
- Excerpt from ‘Lost Restaurants of Baltimore’: Jimmy Wu’s New China Inn Two years ago, fellow food writer Suzanne Loudermilk and I set out on a journey to explore the stories behind the beloved restaurant’s of Baltimore’s past–places that were once hot spots but, over the years, shut their doors for one reason or another. The result was “Lost Restaurants of Baltimore,” which includes the tales of 35 ...
- Hot Plate: Dia de los Muertes at La Calle, fall cocktails at Clavel and Topside, champagne dinner at Charleston and more The candy is gone and the temps have dropped: It’s November. But it’s not time for turkey just yet. This week in the Baltimore restaurant scene, there’s a diverse collection of events planned, from wine tastings to margarita pitchers. Here’s a look at what’s coming up:
- R. House vendor Arba Mediterranean closing next month, new concept coming in December After a three-year run at Remington food hall R. House, Arba Mediterranean is planning to close on Nov. 26, market owner Seawall Development announced. Chef-owner Farid Salloum is closing the stall–one of the original tenants at R. House–to focus his efforts on his restaurant in Riverside, Baba’s Mediterranean Kitchen.
- Hot Plate: Halloween and fall festival fun, Hogwarts at Johnny’s, global eats in Towson and more Halloween is the big news right now, but the week’s restaurant happenings don’t begin and end with fun-sized candy bars. Here’s a look at what’s going on in and around the Baltimore region:
- Baltimore Spirits Co. rolling out a new gin named for the undead Just in time for the season of remembering the dead, Baltimore Spirits Company is branching out with a new gin dubbed Skeleton Spirit.