Hope you’ve been getting your high heels in racing form. Pride weekend is upon us in Baltimore.
The annual LGBT celebration is set to unfurl across the center of the city. There’s events happening all week. If you happen to be free Thursday night and want to get rolling early, Hot Skate is playing host to Love Conquers Hate Roller Skate Night.
The weekend offers offer the most widely-attended main public events. Saturday begins at high noon with the Royal Strut and Stroll from the Hotel Brexton. By 1:30 p.m. the High Heel Race starts at Charles and Read Sts. Make sure your heels are at least 2 in.
The strutting only continues at 2 p.m. with the annual Pride Parade down Charles St., followed by the block party at Charles and Eager Sts. This year’s festivities also feature Youth Pride at Charles and Read Sts. around the same time, providing a safe space for LGBT Youth.
On Sunday, the scene moves to Druid Hill Park for the all-day Pride Festival. At 3 p.m., cool off with a splash party.
Here are this year’s dignitaries:
- Grand Marshal DJ Rosie
- Grand Marshal Jim Becker
- Organization of the Year The Baltimore Transgender Alliance
- Activist of the Year Bryanna A. Jenkins
- Activist of the Year Makayla Gilliam-Price
- Station North has a new spot for food, music, and arcade games - January 10, 2020
- Baltimost: Brittany Young - October 8, 2019
- Public safety alert app Citizen launches in Baltimore - February 13, 2019