We love the Ivy Bookshop. Browsing there is like going through a well-read friend’s private library. The knowledgable staff loves books as much as we do, so every year we ask them to recommend books at Christmastime. This year’s picks are below.
- The Goldfinch: Donna Tartt – Read Michiko Kakutani’s review in the New York Times.
- The Luminaries: Eleanor Catton
- Americanah: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and the Golden Age of Journalism: Doris Kearns Goodwin
- The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Olympics: Daniel James Brown
- The Heart of Everything That Is: The Untold Story of Red Cloud, An American Legend: Bob Drury and Tom Clavin
- The Painted Screens of Baltimore: An Urban Folk Art Revealed: Elaine Eff
- The Gramercy Tavern Cookbook: Michael Anthony et al.
- The Well of Being: A Children’s Book for Adults: Jean-Pierre Weill
- The Fairy Tales of Hans Christian Andersen (Taschen version): Hans Christian Andersen and Noel Daniel
- My First Kafka: Runaways, Rodents & Giant Bugs: Retold by Matthue Roth
- Poems to Learn by Heart: Caroline Kennedy
- Humans of New York: Brandon Stanton
- Football in Baltimore: History and Memorabilia from Colts to Ravens: Ted Patterson, Dean Smith, Edwin H. Remsberg, and Michael Gibbons
- Elegantissima: The Design & Typography of Louise Fili: Louise Fili
Latest posts by The Eds. (see all)
- Weekend Events Calendar: MLK Day, Poe’s Birthday, Black & White Party and more - January 17, 2019
- Weekend Events Calendar: Ice Festival, Orchid Show, Baltimore Restaurant Week, theater openings and more - January 10, 2019
- Weekend Events Calendar: Ravens return to Playoffs, art openings and more - January 3, 2019