The James Beard Foundation announced yesterday the finalists for the 2013 James Beard Awards, and among the five in the Best Chef Mid-Atlantic category is Woodberry Kitchen Chef Spike Gjerde. The winners will be announced on Monday, May 6, 2013 at Lincoln Center’s Avery Fisher Hall in New York City.
Here are the nominees:
Best Chef Mid-Atlantic
· Cathal Armstrong, Restaurant Eve, Alexandria, VA
· Spike Gjerde, Woodberry Kitchen, Baltimore
· Johnny Monis, Komi, Washington, D.C.
· Brad Spence, Amis, Philadelphia
· Vikram Sunderam, Rasika, Washington, D.C.
See the full list of the finalists in all categories at the James Beard Foundation website.
Latest posts by The Eds. (see all)
- Weekend Events Calendar: Easter Celebrations, Earth Day, Smoke Fest and more - April 19, 2019
- Weekend Events Calendar: Trevor Noah, Maryland Food Truck Week, Hampden Sidewalk Sale and more - April 11, 2019
- Weekend Events Calendar: Farmers’ Market Returns, Funny as Ish Comedy Tour and more - April 4, 2019