As the region digs out from nearly three feet of snow that blanketed the area, the Maryland Transit Administration will offer free transit rides today, Monday, January 25, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. to accommodate riders faced with reduced service and schedule changes due to road, track and weather conditions. The MTA, which is gradually resuming service, expects to have all services fully operating by Tuesday, January 26, no later than Wednesday, January 27.
“To show our customers we care, the MTA will offer free transit rides tomorrow across each of our modes,” said MTA Administrator and CEO Paul Comfort. “As the Baltimore-Washington region recovers from the largest snowstorm in our area’s history, the MTA is working around the clock to get services back up and running as soon as possible – all while ensuring the safety of our customers and employees. Tomorrow, we’ll resume limited service on most of our transit modes from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. Unfortunately, we won’t operate on our normal schedule due to track and road conditions. But, we’ll do what we can to get our customers where they need to go. The men and women of the MTA are working tirelessly to restore normal service as soon as possible.”
The MTA will offer reduced service on Monday, Jan. 25, on Commuter Bus, Light Rail, Local Bus, MARC Train, Metro Subway and Mobility/Paratransit services. Below is more specific information:
- 17 bus lines will operate – subject to road conditions and not on a set schedule
- Limited Metro Subway service will be available. More details will be announced at 10 p.m. tonight (Jan. 24)
- Limited Light Rail service will be available based on track conditions
- All service is cancelled on Monday, Jan. 25, but may resume on Tuesday, Jan. 26, at 9 a.m.
- No reservations will be taken today (Jan. 24)
- Reservations will resume at noon on Monday, Jan. 25, for services on Tuesday, Jan. 26
- All subscription trips for Tuesday, Jan. 26, will be cancelled; customers must call 410-764-8181 to reschedule an appointment
- All MARC Train service is cancelled.
- No service on Monday, Jan. 25, except on Route 201 to BWI
The MTA Transit Store will be closed tomorrow.
All state offices are closed on Monday, Jan. 25. But MTA emergency/essential personnel are required to report to work as scheduled.
For the latest information on MTA service, passengers are urged to check the MTA website at www.mta.maryland.gov. Please visit MTA’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/mtamaryland and follow us on Twitter @mtamaryland. And, tune into MTA’s Transit Team reports airing on various TV and radio stations in the Baltimore area. To sign up for email notifications about service delays and modifications, go to www.mta.maryland.gov/enotifications.
Latest posts by Edited from Press Release (see all)
- BUILD Calls on Corporate and Civic Sectors for a Radical Vision and Collective Leadership - April 8, 2019
- The League for People with Disabilities Hosts FREE Family Fun Art Festival on 8/18 - August 9, 2018
- Three Baltimore Design School Students Win Summer Scholarships in ‘Open Tank’ Makers Competition at Open Works - July 3, 2018