A peanut factory in Southwest Baltimore caught fire on Tuesday in Southwest Baltimore. Officials said people with nut allergies should take extra precaution as a result.
Just after noon, a peanut hopper was reported on fire at the Barcelona Nut Company, located in the 500 block of Fulton Ave. near Carroll Park. The company, which was founded in 1924, makes snack foods that are shipped globally.
The fire prompted officials to warn people with nut allergies to be “extra cautious” if they were in the area.
.@BarcelonaNut u/d area roads blocked, peanut hopper on fire. Residents, especially those w/peanut allergy, be extra cautious in the area
— Baltimore OEM (@BaltimoreOEM) October 6, 2015
Latest posts by Stephen Babcock (see all)
- Public safety alert app Citizen launches in Baltimore - February 13, 2019
- Baltimore releases interactive map showing sewage overflows - January 28, 2019
- Weekend Events Calendar: Maryland State Fair, Maryland Renaissance Festival, Vegan SoulFest, Dog Days of Summer - August 23, 2018