Baltimore Humane Society is in a crisis and need your support.
We received the following email from our friends at the BHS:
The power has been out at our no-kill shelter since Monday afternoon and we are struggling to care for the animals as conditions continue to go downhill. Our main backup generator is now out and deliveries of our Science Diet pet food and cat litter have been canceled for the entire week.
Additionally, we are experiencing a phone outage. The heavy rains have caused water damage to our veterinary wellness and spay/neuter center which will now require roofing repair. Without electricity our tireless staff has to incur the tremendous cost of washing dozens of loads of laundry off-site every day. Without the generator there is no heat for the animals or staff. The storm has forced our adoption center to close and prevented our clinic from seeing pets in need.
To keep all our homeless cats and dogs safe and comfortable, we are in desperate need of public support. Here is how the community can help:
1. Donations of Science Diet Dog and Cat Food – any variety, wet or dry
2. Donations of non-clumping kitty litter
3. Monetary contributions to help aid our restoration efforts. They can be made on our website at:http://www.bmorehumane.org/
donate/contribute. Or checks can be mailed to our address at 1601 Nicodemus Rd., Reisterstown, MD 21136
4. Laundry – Massive amounts of laundry are piling up and we are asking for volunteers to come take some loads for us.
5. Donation or loan of a 5000 watt generator
6. Purchase tickets for Catsino, a fundraising event this Saturday evening at Mother’s Federal Hill Grille. It is a night of faux gaming to benefit the cats at Baltimore Humane Society and in particular, to help pay for badly needed eye surgery for Popeye the Cat. Tickets are $100 and can be purchased by calling 443-388-2407or online at http://www.bmorehumane.org/
events/catsino(a separate release on Catsino is attached.)
The main road in to Baltimore Humane Society is closed (Nicodemus Road coming from Franklin Blvd). To get there you must take a back route via Ivy Mill Road.
Everyone at the shelter appreciates the community’s support, especially the animals.
Latest posts by The Eds. (see all)
- Weekend Events Calendar: Preakness, MICA Art Walk, Maryland Craft Beer Fest and more - May 16, 2019
- Weekend Events Calendar: Maryland Film Festival, Fells Point Jazz and Art Festival, Mother’s Day and more - May 9, 2019
- Weekend Events Calendar: Kinetic Sculpture Race, Flower Mart, Baltimore Mixtape and more - May 2, 2019