On Oct. 1, a big event will look to bring the founders of Baltimore startups and small businesses together for a day. The idea is to get the entrepreneurs some exposure for what they’re building, and get them in the same room with national venture capitalists who might be interested in investing.
Beta City, which is being put on by a partnership including Betamore, Plank Industries, Technical.ly Baltimore and Startup Maryland, will feature a pair of pitch events, and an early look at City Garage, the new innovation destination being built on Port Covington land that was acquired by Under Armour’s Kevin Plank.
The day will look like this:
- Venture Pitch Day at Betamore: Connecting national venture capital leaders to local, early-stage companies
- VIP event at Plank Industries’ new innovation center, City Garage, featuring a campus tour and startup demos
- An evening networking event at City Garage and awards ceremony
- Stop on Startup Maryland’s Pitch Across Maryland tour and celebration of innovation and entrepreneurship
And, it’s not the only day when startups will be in the spotlight that week. The event falls during Baltimore Innovation Week, which is a whole collection of gatherings, hackathons, panel discussions and other conference-style events for startups from Sept. 25-Oct. 3.
Latest posts by Stephen Babcock (see all)
- Public safety alert app Citizen launches in Baltimore - February 13, 2019
- Baltimore releases interactive map showing sewage overflows - January 28, 2019
- Weekend Events Calendar: Maryland State Fair, Maryland Renaissance Festival, Vegan SoulFest, Dog Days of Summer - August 23, 2018