Kate Cleary is the mother of two sons who attended Gilman and Boys Latin. Along with them, she went through the vigorous college application process, guiding her sons as they gained acceptance to selective colleges. For the last 27 years, she has worked as a strategic consultant for Art & Science Group, a consulting firm providing market-informed enrollment and branding strategy to higher education clients. Now, drawing on her vast insider’s knowledge of higher education, she is creating her own firm: College Match Plus.
“It’s college counseling based on a robust planning tool that helps families develop a sensible college list, identify areas of improvement for a student, and come away with a realistic picture of the group of competitive colleges a student has a good chance of getting into,” Cleary says.
Advantages of College Match Plus:
- Comprehensive evaluation of a student based on an empirical rating system that considers essential factors beyond standardized test scores and GPA
- Personalized counseling that draws from extensive knowledge of numerous top-tier colleges and universities
- An affiliate of Betterton College Planning, owned by Don Betterton, who served on Princeton University’s Admissions Committee and as Director of Financial Aid
- A process that streamlines and de-mystifies the complex college search and application process for families
Services of College Match Plus:
- Comprehensive evaluation of a student’s profile and how it matches with the admissions criteria of competitive colleges
- Assistance with all aspects of the college admissions process from college application and interview preparation to advice about financial aid and financing college.
Get a glimpse of the services that College Match Plus can provide your family. On Friday, November 14, at 7:30 p.m., join Kate Cleary as she hosts a presentation at 1006 Fallscroft Way, Lutherville, Md where Don Betterton, of Betterton College Planning, gives an informative hour-long session on what families should know about the competitive college admissions process and how institutions evaluate candidates.
To register for this free event or to learn more about College Match Plus, call or email Kate Cleary at 410-458-6184 or [email protected]
Latest posts by Elizabeth Heubeck (see all)
- Coppermine Fieldhouse Continues Expansion with Renovation of former Northwest Ice Rink - January 17, 2018
- Big Fish: Gubernatorial Candidate and Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz - October 24, 2017
- High Schoolers Hit Snooze Button This School Year - August 30, 2017