Despite the jubilation around the city as a result of Marilyn Mosby’s announcement of charges against Baltimore cops in Freddie Gray’s death, Baltimore City remains under heavy National Guard presence with a 10 p.m. curfew. Even during daylight hours, many events scheduled this weekend were either cancelled or postponed to make way for rallies and out of respect for events happening in town. Here is a working list, which conveniently doubles as a look at all the awesome things happening in Baltimore on a spring weekend:
- The annual Kinetic Sculpture Race, which starts at the American Museum of Visionary Art and moves around the city, was postponed.
- Flower Mart in Mt. Vernon was postponed.
- The Sunday morning JFX Farmer’s Market is cancelled this weekend.
- Opening day of the Fells Point Farmers Market is cancelled on Saturday.
- MICA’s Vigil All-Night Music Festival is cancelled.
- Saturday’s Baltimore Symphony Orchestra concert is cancelled. Friday’s Pokemon concert is postponed to July 1.
- The Walters Art Museum is closed on Saturday.
- Enoch Pratt Free Library’s CityLit Festival is happening Saturday
- The Waverly Farmer’s Market will be open Saturday.
- The Hampden Farmer’s Market will be open Saturday.
- Weekend Events Calendar: Women’s History Month events, Canton Irish Stroll and more - March 5, 2020
- Weekend Events Calendar: Frozen Harbor Music Festival, Monster Jam, Leap Day parties and more - February 27, 2020
- Weekend Events Calendar: Charm City Django Jazz Fest, American Craft Show and more - February 20, 2020