Two fires in Maryland torched some goods that have much better uses than fueling a fire.
On Saturday night in Baltimore, a bridal shop in Fells Point was destroyed after a fire started on the third floor of the Eastern Ave. building. Bridal Fashions by Niko is a 30-year-old business that had numerous gowns and quinceanera dresses. No one was in the building at the time of the fire, but the heavy fire took more than three hours to put out.
On Monday in Cumberland, a tractor trailer carrying lots of pork ignited along Interstate 68. According to the Cumberland Times-News, bacon was among the pork products, creating another hazard. Grease from the fire damaged a fire hose that was being used to put out the blaze. For those in the Western Maryland town, the fire was apparently hard to miss. A 911 dispatcher told the Times-News that he stepped outside and could smell the bacon burning.
Latest posts by Stephen Babcock (see all)
- Weekend Events Calendar: Maryland State Fair, Maryland Renaissance Festival, Vegan SoulFest, Dog Days of Summer - August 23, 2018
- Weekend Events Calendar: Artscape, after-hours events for Artscape, Ratscape and more - July 19, 2018
- Fourth of July Events Calendar: Fireworks, parties, parades and more - July 2, 2018