Baltimore’s in peak season: the trees are in glorious fall color and the temperature is just right. There’s no better time to step outside with your family, and we have the perfect event: The Brent A. Rosenberg Walk for Maryland’s Children & Family Fair Walk and Family Fair on Saturday, October 27. The fund raiser and friend raiser’s most important purpose is to Stop Child Abuse by raising awareness, but the event is also intended to be a fun day for the family.
Start-off with a one mile Kids Fun Walk or the 5K Family Walk and finish the day at the fair with arts and crafts, face painting, raffle prizes for all registered walkers, obstacle courses, entertainment, activities, games, giveaways, free food, refreshments and more. Join Ravens Assistant General Manager Eric DeCosta and Ravens scouts for football clinics.
All funds raised at the walk will support The Family Tree’s Child Abuse Prevention Programs.
Registration for the walk begins at 8:00 am. The 1 Mile Kids Fun Walk and the 5K Family Walk begins at 9:00 am at the Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Family Center Y on 33rd Street.
Here’s what you can do to get involved:
- Walk with your family
- Create a Walk Team – Choose a team name and captain. Register and recruit 10-12 teammembers. Raise money from your friends and family to support the cause.
- Provide In-Kind Support – consider donating food/drink items, giveaways, or entertainment
- Volunteer – Join us as a volunteer
The walk is on – rain or shine! For more information, visit the event website.
Latest posts by The Eds. (see all)
- Weekend Events Calendar: Oyfest, Baltimore Vintage Expo, Wreather Madness, Cranksgiving - November 15, 2018
- Weekend Events Calendar: John Waters Film Marathon, U+N Fest 7, Highlandtown Basement Bar Tour and more - November 8, 2018
- Weekend Events Calendar: Baltimore Craft Beer Festival, Greek Festival, Charm City Fringe Festival, Charles Streetacular - November 1, 2018