Courtesy of Citybizlist – Baltimore was named the top city for hospital care in a report that examined patient death and complication rates at approx. 5,000 hospitals.
To arrive at its rankings, HealthGrades, which compiled the report, said that it looked for hospitals performing in the top five percent nationwide across 26 different medical procedures and diagnoses, then ranked cities by the highest percentage of those hospitals.
Nine Baltimore hospitals made the cut:
– Carroll Hospital Center, Westminster
– Franklin Square, Baltimore
– Good Samaritan, Baltimore
– GBMC, Baltimore
– Harbor Hospital, Baltimore
– Northwest Hospital Center, Randallstown
– St. Joseph, Towson
– Sinai, Baltimore
– Union Memorial
Baltimore was followed by Phoenix, Az., Cedar Rapids, Ia., and Richmond Va.
The full report can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/7j3uatz
- Citybizlist and Center Club Join Forces to Launch ‘City Genius’ - April 5, 2016
- Bipartisanship Sneaks Into State Senate - March 11, 2016
- Marylanders Like Hogan, Feel State Headed in Right Direction Goucher Poll Shows - February 23, 2016