About a week after the election is over, there may be a chance to get a post-mortem from Bernie Sanders in Baltimore.
The Senator from Vermont is set to speak at Johns Hopkins’ Homewood campus on November 17, according to the JHU Hub. As you probably remember, Sanders ran for the Democratic nomination for president in 2016, but was unable to overtake Hillary Clinton. He visited Baltimore on a pair of occasions, heading to Sandtown-Winchester and holding a rally.
Sanders’ speech is part of the Milton S. Eisenhower Symposium Series being held during the fall. The other speakers sound pretty interesting, too:
- Oct. 20: Black Lives Matter activist and Baltimore City Schools DeRay Mckesson
- Oct. 26: Martine Rothblatt, founder of Sirius Radio
- Nov. 9: Nicholas Christakis, a social network and bioscience researcher
Latest posts by Stephen Babcock (see all)
- Public safety alert app Citizen launches in Baltimore - February 13, 2019
- Baltimore releases interactive map showing sewage overflows - January 28, 2019
- Weekend Events Calendar: Maryland State Fair, Maryland Renaissance Festival, Vegan SoulFest, Dog Days of Summer - August 23, 2018