Dog Saves Baby’s Life During Baltimore Rowhouse Fire

0
Share the News


13770327_1562210514085293_7611096941282879573_n

Last Sunday night, a fire was reported at the Poremski family home, a rowhouse in the 6800 block of Gough Street.

When fire crews arrived, they found smoke pouring out of the first- and second-story windows, and Erika Poremski frantically urging them to rescue her 8-month old daughter, Viv, who was still inside, WBAL reports. “I just heard her crying and i couldn’t get to her,” Poremski told WBAL. “I tried really hard, everyone in the neighborhood tried. They were kicking the doors in and kicking the windows out. I couldn’t (get her out). Nobody could.”

When firefighters entered the home and rescued Viv, they found Polo, the family dog, lying next to the infant, shielding her body from the flames. The dog did not survive the fire; Viv–thanks in part to Polo’s protection–did.

Viv is still in critical condition in a local hospital; a GoFundMe set up by a family friend is collecting donations.



Share the News