Baltimore isn’t necessarily though of as a hockey town, seeing as how we don’t have a team and all, but there’s a surprisingly strong amount of support here for the closest NHL franchise, the Washington Capitals.
According to this 2017 article in The Sun, Baltimore ratings for the Caps are almost a third the size of Washington’s, which is pretty impressive considering the team is 30-some miles away. During the 2016 playoffs, 34,100 Baltimore households tuned in.
After years of falling short in the postseason, the Caps have a 2-0 lead in the Eastern Conference final and are now, according to CBS Sports, the new favorites to win the Stanley Cup.
Here are a few places in town holding viewing parties for tonight’s 8 p.m. game against the Tampa Bay Lightning, giving you ample time to hop on the bandwagon:
- The Brass Tap at the Fitzgerald – Featuring four beers on draught from DC Brau Brewing Company
- Ryleigh’s Oyster Federal Hill – Featuring specials on Bud and Bud Lite buckets, wings, oysters, and crab pretzels, and special drinks Red Bomb and Caps Crush.
- JD’s Smokehouse – Happy hour starts at 4 p.m. During the game, enjoy drink specials and a special playoff menu.
Latest posts by Brandon Weigel (see all)
- Friday Afternoon Headlines: Body found near wastewater treatment facility; universities worry coronavirus outbreak could delay arrivals and more - February 21, 2020
- Maxwell to perform two April shows with the BSO - February 21, 2020
- Thursday Afternoon Headlines: Hogan says increased sales tax would ‘destroy’ economy; SRB joins Bloomberg campaign and more - February 20, 2020