Our friends at The Ivy Bookshop have put together a list of spring reads, with something for everyone, young and old. These finds are in stock now, along with a slew of new books that will keep you engrossed till the tulips pop up.
1. Dot by Randi Zuckerberg, illustrated by Joe Berger
Adorable story of a girl who knows a lot: she knows how to tap, swipe, and share on her electronic devices. Outside, she remembers how to do the same in the real world. Dot really does know a lot.
2. Seven Stories Up by Laurel Snyder
A magical story about a girl who goes back to 1937 Baltimore and becomes best friends with her own grandmother. With personal, community and world history woven throughout, this is a lovely read about looking beneath the surface, opening yourself up to new experiences, and realizing that we are all a part of history.
3. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Eleanor and Park are both outsiders at their school. When thrown together on the bus, the two realize that they can see in each other what others cannot. A friendship develops into a romance and with it, a sense that the world is not always kind but that when love abounds, challenges can be met with grace and compassion.
4. How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia by Mohsin Hamid
A biting tale of a man’s rise from impoverished rural boy to corporate tycoon in India. This book is told in the second person, in the form of a “How To” book. It’s a wonderful, compelling read about ambition, love, and life in general. Meet the author at The Ivy Bookshop, 6080 Falls Road, on Wed, March 19, at 7 PM.
5. Blood Will Out by Walter Kirn
A true crime story in which the author befriended and was initially fooled by the murderer and serial impostor who went by the name “Clark Rockefeller.” The book is absolutely fearless. Kirn throws plenty of dirt on “Rockefeller” (real name: Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter), but offers an unflinching self-portrait as well.
Latest posts by Sponsored Post Staff (see all)
- Featured Hot Listing: Sophisticated Renovation in Cockeysville’s Laurelford Community - March 19, 2019
- Featured Hot Listing: Spectacular Harborview Penthouse | Wine & Cheese Broker’s Open House on Thursday 3/21 4pm – 7pm - March 18, 2019
- Church of the Redeemer VOICES Series: Kaye Whitehead, Wednesday, March 20 - March 18, 2019