Waterfront Partnership of Baltimore and Medifast will present a series of free, daily, outdoor fitness classes led by Baltimore-based fitness now through the end of October.
The “Waterfront Wellness” classes will be held every weekday at one of three Baltimore parks: Rash Field Park, Wills Park and West Shore Park.
“Our ninth season is shaping up to be our biggest season yet for Waterfront Wellness,” Waterfront Partnership President Laurie Schwartz said in a statement. “We’re thrilled that we’re able to add Rash Field Park as a new location and can’t wait to have our waterfront – from Federal Hill to Harbor Point – filled with folks socializing and exercising together every day of the week.”
New this year will be two family-friendly classes: Mission Fit Bootcamp on Mondays at Rash Field Park and Mommy and Me yoga with Breathing Dragon Yoga on Saturdays in Harbor Point.
With each class participants attend, they will receive rewards that can add up to prizes, such as a Peloton bike, class packs, monthly memberships to participating gyms, yoga mats, towels and more.
The weekly schedule is:
- Monday: 6 p.m., Mission Fit Bootcamp at Rash Field Park (kid-friendly)
- Tuesday: 6 p.m., Strong on the Lawn with Charm City Run at Wills Park in Harbor Point
- Wednesday: 6 p.m., Line Dancing with Terry Towne of Jubilee Arts at West Shore Park (kid-friendly)
- Wednesday: 6 p.m., Breathing Dragon Yoga at Wills Park in Harbor Point
- Thursday: noon, Lunch Meditation with Rotating Instructors at Wills Park in Harbor Point*
- Thursday: 6 p.m., Claire Strock Yoga at Wills Park in Harbor Point
- Friday: 6 p.m., Yoga by Michelle Stafford of DivaYogi at Wills Park in Harbor Point
- Saturday: 8 a.m., XPF Bootcamp at West Shore Park
- Saturday: 9 a.m., XPF Dance2Fitness at West Shore Park
- Saturday: 10 a.m., Breathing Dragon Yoga for All at Wills Park in Harbor Point (ages 8 and older)
- Sunday: 8 a.m., Riot Squad Run Club at Rash Field Park
- Sunday: 9 a.m., Flex’t by Bikram Yoga at West Shore Park
- Sunday: 10 a.m., Federal Hill Fitness Low Impact HIIT at West Shore Park
*For the Lunch Meditation class on Thursdays: every first and third Thursday of the month will feature Sensory Immersion with a Certified Nature Guide Ted of Baltimore City Recreation & Parks, and pop-ups will be held on every second and fourth Thursday.
The classes are welcome to participants of all skill levels, but attendees must pre-register and each class is limited to 50 participants.
Participants should bring their own mats, water and sneakers as necessary for the class, and should also arrive early because classes begin promptly at the listed start time.
Schedules, class descriptions and registration details can all be found on the Waterfront Partnership’s website.