Courtesy of Citybizlist – (BUSINESS WIRE) On Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 10:45 a.m., Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius will gather with women to hear their stories as the economic decision-makers for their families and highlight how the Obama Administration is working to ensure that middle class families get a fair shot in today’s economy. Each day, women seek answers to critical questions for themselves and their families:
• If I switch jobs, will my family keep its health insurance coverage?
• Will my health coverage be there when my child gets sick?
• How can I find a job in the growing health field?
Secretary Sebelius will participate in a conversation at the residence of Lynda Burton with women and mothers to discuss how the Obama Administration is ensuring that health insurance companies play by the same rules of fairness that families do. The Secretary will discuss the protections contained in the Affordable Care Act, that curb insurance industry abuses, including preventing discrimination against individuals with pre-existing conditions, eliminating lifetime coverage limits, and allowing young adults up to age 26 to stay on their parents’ insurance plan.
WHO: HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius
WHEN: Thursday, January 26, 2012
10:45 AM – 12:00 PM (EST)
WHERE: Residence of Lynda Burton
3 St. John’s Road, Baltimore, Maryland
CONTACT: Keith Maley, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, [email protected]
Event is open to credentialed members of the media only.
Latest posts by Citybizlist Staff (see all)
- Citybizlist and Center Club Join Forces to Launch ‘City Genius’ - April 5, 2016
- Bipartisanship Sneaks Into State Senate - March 11, 2016
- Marylanders Like Hogan, Feel State Headed in Right Direction Goucher Poll Shows - February 23, 2016