Baltimore is ramping up for the anniversary this summer of the War of 1812 and special events, tours, historical re-enactments and family activities abound.
The Kimpton Hotel’s War of 1812 “Camp at Fort Monaco” package has the right idea when it comes to celebrating the historic event.Families who book the family-friendly commemorative rooms May 28 through September 4 will enjoy all the perks of an upscale hotel, while “roughing it” in the in-room campsite area. Parents slumber on luxurious Frette linens with kids just a few feet away in a semi-private alcove decked out with decorative trees, a camping tent, sleeping bags and all the trappings needed for a night in the great outdoors. (But without the humidity, bugs and uncomfortable sleeping conditions. Heaven!)
The “Camp at Fort Monaco” package features:
- One Double Deluxe Room with kid’s camping alcove (includes two double beds for adults plus a kid’s camping alcove)
- Complimentary flashlights (for sharing stories around the “campfire”)
- Keepsake canteens (to keep the “troops” hydrated while exploring the city)
- A tent and sleeping bags for kids (to give little soldiers the feeling of “roughing it” just like they would have in 1812)
- Specialty “Kids Camp” room service menu, specialty menu for in-room service only; includes treats such as s’mores, hot dogs, sliders, milk and cookies and trail mix (*additional charge)
Rates range from $229-$289.00 a night, based on availability, for stays May 30 – September 4. Reservations can be made online by entering CAMP in the rate code box, or by calling the hotel.
- Baltimore Fishbowl wins MDDC Press Association awards for news, features and more - May 15, 2020
- Spring Break - April 10, 2020
- Support Cylburn Arboretum with wine from The French Paradox - April 3, 2020