1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Now that I have the ultimate eggnog recipe, I actually like eggnog!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them in coordinated paper for different family members.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, non-flashing, non-moving.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. I am not tall enough
5. When do you put your decorations up? I hang lights and wreaths, but don’t decorate inside too much.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Cranberry and orange relish. Spiced pecans.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Being old enough to go to the big caroling party downtown with my parents and their friends.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We didn’t used to, but we do some now.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Minimally. I have some lighted stars outside and some glittery garland on a big plant inside.
11. Snow: love it or hate it? Love it, as long as it doesn’t make things difficult on the road. Ice, though, is evil.
12. Can you ice skate? Yep. I used to ice skate after work at a rink overlooking Baltimore’s Inner Harbour.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A trip to the Costwolds for the entire family. It took two years of planning, but all 15 of us went for from two to six weeks.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? The planning. Writing cards to friends scattered across the globe. Seeing family and friends at parties. The cheer and good will. This year, it’s also making sure all of the kids at our residential centers have presents.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Mince pie with a sharp cheddar cheese. Christmas cake from my English grandfather’s recipe.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I never miss the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols from Kings College Cambridge that is played on Christmas Eve. I hope one day to attend in person. When the first boy starts to sing the solo, I just weep.
17. What tops your tree? No tree top.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving… I love finding the perfect present. Our family picks names, and then we pick a letter. We all have to buy presents that begin with the same letter. It’s a challenge.
20. Candy canes: Only red and white peppermint ones.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? Don’t have one, although I love watching the Nutcracker ballet.
22. What do you leave for Santa? Whatever I leave out, dog usually snags before Santa comes!
What are your answers???
Latest posts by Meg Fielding (see all)
- Antiques: The New Look of Old - September 1, 2018
- As Precious As Gold: Homewood House Museum Exhibit Celebrates Tea Caddies - December 8, 2017
- Art for Land’s Sake: An Art Exhibit and Sale to Benefit the Valleys Planning Council, October 20-22 - October 19, 2017