Embracing easy summer living can be as simple as spending time each day on your front porch. There is something utterly relaxing about hanging out on the porch, whether it’s to sip morning coffee or unwind at the end of the day — and then there’s the added perk of making your neighborhood feel warmer, friendlier and more connected. Make your porch a place you can’t wait to spend time on with these 10 simple, beautiful ideas from Houzz.
1. Channel the Hamptons. Natural wood, sandy beige and blue make a classic beach house combination that works anywhere. Unfinished teak furniture fades to sandy gray as it weathers, and it looks just right with indigo and linen-hued cushions and cut hydrangeas.
2. Hit the flea market. Digging for treasures at outdoor flea markets and summer yard sales is always an adventure. Folding chairs, vintage wicker and small wood tables are natural choices, but keep an eye out for interesting containers for plants, mirrors and artwork, too. Imperfect finds you might pass up for the living room could be splendid on a summer porch, so keep an open mind. Click to read more.
Latest posts by Cathy Evans (see all)
- Thinking about selling your home in 2019? It’s time to call Whit. - December 7, 2018
- Imagination Meets Renovation - October 3, 2018
- Unique Home in Fells Point. Everything you want, nothing you don’t. - August 10, 2018