Join WYPR’s Maryland Morning with Sheilah Kast at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, October 29 for a screening of Race: The Power of an Illusion. This free event will be in the Wheeler Auditorium at the Pratt Central Library. It’s part of WYPR’s “The Lines Between Us” series about inequality in the Baltimore region.
Race: The Power of an Illusion – free screening and panel discussion
Monday, October 29, 6:30 p.m.
Enoch Pratt Free Library
400 Cathedral Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Information at linesbetweenus.org
This powerful hour-long documentary traces the effect of public policy—particularly in housing—on inequality in America. It features law professor John A. Powell, a guest for the October 26 “Lines Between Us” segment about public housing, and it lays out at the national level many of the issues that our series is grappling with at the regional level.
Maryland Morning host Sheilah Kast will serve as moderator for the post-screening discussion. Panelists include:
– Diane Bell-McKoy, President & CEO, Associated Black Charities
– Bishop Douglas Miles, organizer of Baltimore’s Koinonia Baptist Church and Clergy Co-Chair of Baltimoreans United in Leadership Development (BUILD)
– Michael Sarbanes, executive director, Baltimore City Public Schools’ Office of Engagement and co-chair, Truth and Reconciliation Commission of the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland
- Towson restaurant Cunningham’s to change restaurant concept, expand cafe - January 6, 2020
- True Chesapeake Oyster Co. Opens - October 9, 2019
- BUILD Calls on Corporate and Civic Sectors for a Radical Vision and Collective Leadership - April 8, 2019