In an effort to consolidate its collection of books, the Baltimore Architecture Foundation will auction off a selection of rare antique architecture books at Alex Cooper Auctioneers. The BAF’s collection will go under the hammer beginning at approximately 12:30 on Friday, January 27, 2016.
The BAF’s mission is to promote the appreciation and understanding of the built environment in Baltimore, and the books which they are de-accessioning are not integral to the mission. Funds raised through the sale of the books will support the BAF’s programs, including lectures and tours.
The range of books includes many of the most significant architectural styles, from Beaux Arts to the Bauhaus. Here’s a selection of what’s on offer.
- A four-volume monograph on the works of McKim, Mead & White, famous for their detailed Beaux Arts buildings and ornamented shingle cottages.
- A beautifully illustrated book in French, on the styles of the Renaissance age.
- City planning and modern housing
- The Bauhaus
There are about 100 lots that the BAF has consigned to Coopers and any of these books would be a stellar addition to your collection.
For more information, please see Alex Cooper’s website.
Latest posts by Meg Fielding (see all)
- Antiques: The New Look of Old - September 1, 2018
- As Precious As Gold: Homewood House Museum Exhibit Celebrates Tea Caddies - December 8, 2017
- Art for Land’s Sake: An Art Exhibit and Sale to Benefit the Valleys Planning Council, October 20-22 - October 19, 2017