Don’t miss one of the region’s most anticipated family New Year’s Eve celebrations: Port Discovery’s18th Annual Noontime New Year Snow Ball on Saturday, December 31st, 2016 from 10 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Kids of all ages will love the much-anticipated Balloon Drop, which takes place at 12 o’clock noon in Port Discovery’s 10,000 square foot glass atrium. Eric Energy will serve as Master of Ceremonies and lead the spectacular countdown followed by a juice and cookie toast. Children are encouraged to come dressed in their favorite costume and create numbers and sound makers in anticipation of the big Balloon Drop. And once again, an American Sign Language interpreter will be present for the Countdown again this year.
Snow Ball festivities will run from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. and are free with museum admission. Museum admission is $14.95 for guest ages 2 and up. Children under 2 and members are free. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit portdiscovery.org.
“This is the New Year’s event for kids!” raves Port Discovery President and CEO Bryn Parchman. “We’ve been hosting the event for nearly two decades and it gets bigger and better each year!”
The countdown will be accompanied by an afternoon filled with exciting programs and performances including:
- Make a Penguin Beak!: 10am – 11:30am
- Snow Goose on the Loose: 10:30am
- Snow Ball Music with DJ Holly: 10:30am – 12:30pm
- The Scooter Rink: 10am – 11:30am & 12:30pm – 2pm
- Feed the Abominable Snowman: 10am – 11:30am & 12:30pm – 2pm
- Toddler Igloo: 10:00-11:30am & 12:30-2:00pm
- Jingle Bell Bracelets: 10:00-11:00 & 1:30-3:30
- The Penguin Spa: 10:00-11:00 & 1:30-3:30
- Gingerbread Hand Puppets: 10am – 11am & 12:30pm – 2pm
- Snow Globes: 10am – 11am & 1:30pm – 3:30pm
- Wildlife Adventures: 11am – 2pm
- NOON COUNTDOWN with Eric Energy and The Kindersinger!: 11:45am – 12:10pm
- Balloon Drop and Juice & Cookies Toast: 12pm – 12:30pm
- Eric Energy Show: 1pm & 2pm
- Mr. Gabe and the Circle Time All-Stars: 1:30pm & 2:30pm
- The Kolodner’s: Old-Time and Seasonal Music: 10:30am-12:30pm
- Face Painting with Landre SFX: 1:00-3:00pm
About Port Discovery
As the premier children’s museum in the mid-Atlantic, Port Discovery Children’s Museum educates children and inspires life-long curiosity. Our play-to-learn philosophy opens the door for children to discover and explore the world around them and to lead smarter, healthier, more engaged lives. The Museum, a 501(c)(3) non-profit institution, offers 3 floors of educational, interactive exhibits and programs and is ranked among the Top 10 Children’s Museums in the United States by Fodor’s Travel, Forbes and Parents Magazine. Port Discovery has served over 4.8 million visitors to date. To learn more, visitportdiscovery.org.