This year, check out the Premier Tent for the best of the best:
The Premier Tent has become a tradition at The Maryland Wine Festival. Visitors may purchase a Premier Tent ticket in advance, or at the gate (if available). Only 400 tickets are available per day.
A Premier Tent ticket includes the regular admission—PLUS, it admits ticket holders to an exclusive area which includes samples of premium wines not served at the main festival, samples of cuisine from area chefs, soft music, and private portable restroom; a peaceful haven away from the hustle and bustle of the main festival. Ticket holders may come and go as often as they like throughout day. A limit of 400 premier tickets will be sold each day so advance purchase is strongly advised. When purchasing these tickets, buyer must specify either Saturday or Sunday ticket. Tickets will be sold at the festival only if the daily limit has not been met through pre-sales.
Premier Tent ticket holders will receive:
- All of the benefits of regular entry into the festival, plus entry into the PREMIER tent, which offers:
- Private sampling of premium Maryland wines, many of which are not available outside the Premier Tent;
- A large (16-oz!) glass for use in Premier tent and throughout the festival—all the better with which to evaluate wines;
- Samples of gourmet food provided by area chefs;
- Winemaker’s Corner—a place to meet & greet winemakers throughout the day.
- Free State Throwdown—a blind tasting of MD wines vs. wines from out of state [read more].
We encourage you to purchase your Premier Tent tickets in advance due to limited space.
>>> BUY NOW! Buy in advance and get a discount! Advance tickets are available via MissionTix.
Free State Throwdown
On Sunday, Sept. 22, the Baltimore Ravens will battle the Houston Texans at M&T Bank Stadium. Ravens fans alike will be crossing their talons for a win. However, at the Maryland Wine Festival, the real battle between Maryland and Texas will be raging on in the Premier Tent. The Free State Throwdown will feature Maryland versus Texas in a blind taste off. Winner takes all.
On Saturday and Sunday, in the Premier Tent only, guests will be able to blindly taste through three Maryland and Texas wines. The tastings will be from 3-5pm each day. Premier Pass holders can vote on their favorites, votes will be tallied and the winners revealed each day just after 5pm.
Don’t miss out on the most exciting battle between Maryland and Texas that any football fan (or not) has seen in years.
Latest posts by Chris Frederick (see all)
- Three Extraordinary Open Houses on Gibson Island – Saturday, Dec. 1 - November 30, 2018
- Gibson Island Open House DEC. 1 – Just in time for the holidays! - November 25, 2018
- Three Extraordinary Open Houses Tomorrow on Gibson Island – Oct. 13 - October 12, 2018