Courtesy of Citybizlist – Brian Rogers, chairman of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:TROW), will become chairman of the GBC. Rogers and nine new board members are nominated for election at the GBC’s annual meeting.
Rogers, who has served on the GBC Board of Directors since 2007 and has also served on the GBC Executive Committee, will succeed outgoing GBC chairman Charles O. Monk II, managing partner of Saul Ewing LLP’s Baltimore office. Monk has chaired the GBC since 2009 and, as immediate past chairman, will continue to serve as a GBC officer in 2012-13.
Formed in 1955, the GBC applies the resources of the Baltimore region’s businesses and civic organizations to improving the business climate. The GBC plays a role in Baltimore’s continuing downtown “renaissance” and continues to focus on strengthening the business climate in the region and state.
GBC annual meeting:
• Brian C. Rogers, chairman, T. Rowe Price Group, Inc.; incoming GBC chairman
• Charles O. Monk II, managing partner, Saul Ewing LLP’s Baltimore office; outgoing GBC chairman
• Donald C. Fry, president & CEO, Greater Baltimore Committee
• Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, mayor, City of Baltimore
• More than 850 business and civic leaders from the Baltimore region
WHAT: 2012 Greater Baltimore Committee Annual Meeting
Tuesday, May 15
5:30 p.m. Reception
6:30 p.m. Dinner meeting, election of GBC officers and board;
Hyatt Regency Baltimore
300 Light Street
Baltimore, Md. 21202
- Citybizlist and Center Club Join Forces to Launch ‘City Genius’ - April 5, 2016
- Bipartisanship Sneaks Into State Senate - March 11, 2016
- Marylanders Like Hogan, Feel State Headed in Right Direction Goucher Poll Shows - February 23, 2016