Courtesy of Citybizlist – If you have salary envy, the Bureau of Labor Statistics has a tool for you.
The agency provides an online query of the annual and hourly wages of a slew of occupations in Maryland based on May 2011 data.
The curious-minded can also spy on what your peers in other states earn while taking a gander at national numbers.
Take the occupation of a Lawyer for example. Did you know that …
– the annual mean wage of a lawyer in Maryland is $120,610?
– there are an estimated 10,980 attorneys in the state, excluding the self-employed
– their hourly mean wage is $57.99
– nationally, a lawyer earns $130,490 annually and $62.74 hourly
– compared to other states, Maryland ranks 18th in annual salary for lawyers (scroll down for a comparison of states)
Here’s some more gratuitous, semi-randomly selected annual mean salary information for occupations in Maryland:
Chief Executives: $186,740
Marketing Managers: $116,810
Chefs and Head Cooks: $42,580
Want to see how much a Compliance Officer earns? Tax Preparer? Nuclear Engineer?
Are you suspicious that your counterpart is earning more than you?
Or you feel compelled to spend a Friday afternoon conducting “research” …
Latest posts by Brian Wolak (see all)
- Which Orioles do you Follow on Twitter? - October 11, 2012
- Fortune Mag Focuses on Mondawmin Mall to Illustrate Libor Impact - August 31, 2012
- Kevin Plank’s Stake in Under Armour Up to $1.25 Billion - August 20, 2012