Courtesy Citybizlist — Led by Discovery Communications’ David M. Zaslav, three Maryland CEOs are among the nation’s top 200 highest-paid chief executives, according to a list compiled by Equilar, an executive compensation data firm, and published by The New York Times.
Zaslav, ranked fourth on the list, earned $49.9 million in 2012. Oracle’s Larry Ellison topped the list with 2012 pay of $96.2 million. Only those companies with revenues of over $1 billion were considered for the survey. Compensation includes salary, cash bonuses, perks and other forms of cash, and stock and stock options.
Here are the three Maryland chief executives on the list of the top 200 highest paid CEOs:
4. David M. Zaslav, Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, Maryland
Compensation in 2012: $49.9 million
Increase from 2011: -5%
26. Robert J. Stevens, Lockheed Martin, Bethesda, Md.
Compensation in 2012: $23.8 million
Increase from 2011: +16%
91. Steven E. Simms, Colfax, Fulton, Md.
Compensation in 2012: $15.7 million
Increase from 2011: N.A.
See more at Citybizlist.
- Citybizlist and Center Club Join Forces to Launch ‘City Genius’ - April 5, 2016
- Bipartisanship Sneaks Into State Senate - March 11, 2016
- Marylanders Like Hogan, Feel State Headed in Right Direction Goucher Poll Shows - February 23, 2016