House hunting is about more than popping into a few open houses and picking the one you like best. In fact, there’s a science to it: A smart search means you’ll save time, money, and your sanity during the rest of your home-buying process.Read the full article by Cathie Ericson of Realtor.com here.
Here are the 10 mistakes to avoid:
- Not arming yourself with a mortgage pre-approval
- Not knowing what you want
- House hunting without an agent
- Waiting too long to see a home
- Inviting outspoken (and uneducated) advisers
- Speeding through an open house
- Becoming distracted by sparkly new features
- Expecting perfection
- Falling in love with the decor—not the home
- Ignoring the neighborhood
The Whit Harvey Group especially agrees with #3. One of the favorite parts of their job is finding the right home for their buyers!
- Jennifer Berk Paintings at Monument Sotheby’s Office in Ruxton – Opening This Thursday - January 29, 2020
- Thinking about selling your home in 2019? It’s time to call Whit. - December 7, 2018
- Imagination Meets Renovation - October 3, 2018