Back for its second year, join TransportationCamp Baltimore on Saturday, May 18th for this annual unconference at the University of Baltimore’s Merrick School of Business. With an objective to bring a more inclusive and engaging forum about transportation, an unconference is unique in that participants propose and lead the conversation. From pioneering bicycles to roadside shopping centers, the history of transportation and infrastructure “firsts” in Baltimore is bottomless but hidden in the city’s nooks and crannies, so take the opportunity to discuss with fellow peers! Tickers are $15 and can be purchased here.
What: TransportationCamp Baltimore
When: Saturday, May 18
Where: University of Baltimore’s Merrick School of Business, 11 West Mt. Royal Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21201
Tips for Getting Here:
- If you’re traveling from points along the east coast, take Amtrak to Baltimore’s Penn Station; Boltbus also serves the Maryland Avenue bridge one block west of Penn Station.
- If you’re traveling from the greater Washington DC or Baltimore regions, take the MARC Penn Line to Penn Station or MTA Light RailLink to Penn or Mt. Royal Stations.
- If you’re traveling locally you can take Metro SubwayLink to State Center and walk over; take Light RailLink to Mt. Royal and walk over; or take CityLinks Yellow, Lime, Green, or Silver, LocalLinks 51 or 53, or the Charm City Circulator’s free Purple Route, all of which serve the bus stops at the Charles/St. Paul – Preston/Biddle intersections, which are just a block from the venue. See system maps here: the Merrick School of Business is near “Midtown/UB.”
Details: TransportationCamp brings Baltimore into an international family of cities holding camps every year and highlights transportation’s impact on every aspect of people’s lives: equity, education, jobs, economic development, recreation, sustainability, and overall access to opportunity. Our objective is to bring a more inclusive and engaging forum about transportation to the people who use, plan, design, build, advocate for, hack, or just get excited about transportation. Join TransportationCamp Baltimore for this annual unconference where participants propose and lead the conversation.
- 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. – Doors Open for Registration and Breakfast
- 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Welcome and Introductions
- 11:00 a.m. to noon – Session 1
- 12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. – Session 2
- 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Lunch and Networking
- 2:45 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. – Session 3
- 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Session 4
- 5:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. – Wrap-up and Networking
- 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Happy Hour at Showroom (120 W North Avenue)
Each room will have a computer, screen, projector, microphone(s), podium, speakers, and a volunteer note taker. Session hosts will need to bring their own flash drive to load presentations or other digital media. Laptop connections are possible, but presenters will need to provide an adapter. A wi-fi code and computer logins will be provided the morning of the event.
- Dress code: No need for suits, ties, or dresses – tasteful casual dress is fine!
- Internet access: The University of Baltimore’s Merrick School of Business has free guest wifi – we’ll provide connection details as you arrive.
- Presentation tips: Session rooms may contain white boards, A/V equipment, etc., but come prepared with your own laptop, flash drive, or other materials necessary for your proposed session.
- First time camping?: Check out How Transportation Camp Works: The Essential Guide for a quick introduction!
Tickets: Tickets are $15 and can be purchased here. If ticket prices aren’t in your budget, you can get on the wait list for sponsored tickets or sign up to be a volunteer. Sponsored tickets will be distributed as available on a first come, first serve basis.
For more information, please visit tcbal19.eventbrite.com
Latest posts by Sponsored Post Staff (see all)
- UMBC Presents Karen Finley: Venus in Retrograde on 9/5 - August 22, 2019
- Join Stages Music Arts at Their Anniversary Concert and Open House – 8/24 - August 22, 2019
- Sip and Shop at Harbor East’s Vino in Vogue – 9/7 - August 21, 2019