It’s time again for the US News and World Report’s annual graduate school rankings, and once again Johns Hopkins comes away looking pretty good.
This year, the university’s programs in public health and education snagged the top spots in their respective categories. That shouldn’t be a huge surprise; Hopkins’s public health program has never not ranked #1 in the 20 years that US News has been making these lists, and the School of Education consistently ranks near the top.
Some other notable results for local schools:
- MICA ranks 7th among art schools
- University of Maryland-College Park ranks 23rd in engineering– ahead of Hopkins, which came in at #25
- UM-College Park also has the 10th-best library science program in the country
- The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine ranks 3rd for research, 29th for primary care
- Johns Hopkins ranks 2nd for nursing; the University of Maryland-Baltimore ranks 6th
See the full list of rankings here.
- The Effect of a Dilapidated Home on a Baltimore Block - September 19, 2017
- The Ku Klux Klan Is Apparently Still Alive and Well in Maryland - August 24, 2017
- Baltimore May Be Getting a Professional Soccer Team - September 16, 2016