You may have heard of 21-year-old University of Maryland student Kaitlyn George, who went missing last Thursday. Over the last several days, police have filled in some gaps on when and how she left campus, and the latest information they have shows she was last seen here in Baltimore.
George was reported missing on Thursday evening. She was supposed to be going camping with her boyfriend, according to WJZ, but she never showed up. The boyfriend told police about her disappearance that night.
Yesterday, police revealed they had uncovered the following timeline for George:
- She got into a white cab outside of Annapolis Hall on the University of Maryland campus around 4:44 p.m. on Thursday. She was supposed to be going camping, but got into the cab with her gear instead.
- That cab driver told police he drove her to Baltimore and dropped her off in front of a marina in Federal Hill.
- Surveillance footage showed George got out of the cab at an unspecified time and climbed into a waiting SUV of her own volition.
- George wasn’t spotted again until the next morning, when a witness reports seeing her on a Charm City Circulator bus around 8:40 a.m.
Three days have now passed since George was last seen, but police still don’t expect any foul play at hand in her disappearance. Her departure from campus appears to have been her decision, rather than a forced one.
She could still be here in Baltimore. Police are working to find her and make sure she is OK. George is approximately 5’3” tall, weighs around 121 pounds and has hazel eyes and blonde hair.
Anyone who thinks they may have seen her in recent days is asked to call the University of Maryland Police Department at 301-405-3555.
Latest posts by Ethan McLeod (see all)
- Friday Afternoon Headlines: O’s new GM hire now official; Man who yelled ‘Heil Hitler! Heil Trump!’ says he’s sorry; and more - November 16, 2018
- Baltimore’s next police commissioner: Joel Fitzgerald, out of Fort Worth, Texas - November 16, 2018
- Friday Morning Headlines: Jury acquits man accused of murdering Baltimore Tattoo Museum employee; Students push Hopkins, UMD to sever relationships with ICE; and more - November 16, 2018