2 Health Nuts:
The countdown begins…1 week until Santa Claus comes to town! In keeping with our “Thursday Treat” mantra, we wanted to provide you with a healthier alternative to the usual cookies and milk left for the “big guy” on Christmas Eve. Once again, we give credit to the fabulous Diane Sanfilippo for the fabulous recipe!
3/4 cup unsalted butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted, plus additional for greasing dish
1 tsp. organic, all-natural vanilla extract
3 large eggs, beaten
1 cup honey
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1 1/2 cups organic cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup chopped dried figs
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch-square glass or ceramic baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted fat, vanilla, eggs, honey, and lemon juice until well combined.
3. In a small bowl, mix the almond flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Add the dry mixture to the wet and stir until well combined. Stir in the figs and pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool in the baking dish for 30 minutes.
5. Cut into squares before serving.
Serves 18 small, or 9 large, brownies; perfect to share with family, friends, Santa, and his elves!
Latest posts by Sponsored Post Staff (see all)
- Join Genesee Valley Outdoor Learning Center for Their “Nature’s Calling – Family Fun Event” on May 5 - March 21, 2019
- Garrison Forest School Receives Largest Gift in School History for Construction and Renovations - March 20, 2019
- Featured Hot Listing: Sophisticated Renovation in Cockeysville’s Laurelford Community - March 19, 2019