Authorities Catch Edgewood Mass Shooting Suspect in Delaware

0
Share the News


Radee Prince, 37. Photo via Wilmington Police Department.

The sole suspect in yesterday’s quintuple shooting in Edgewood was arrested in Newark, Del., last night, according to Harford County law enforcement.

The sheriff’s office announced at around 9 p.m. Wednesday night that 37-year-old Radee Labeeb Prince of Elkton had been taken into custody without incident by federal Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents and other law enforcement. He was arrested at around 7 p.m.

Prince is accused of shooting five of his co-workers yesterday morning at Advanced Granite Solutions in the Emmorton Business Park, three of them fatally. The sheriff’s office released their names last night.

Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler said yesterday afternoon that Prince then fled to Delaware, where he was allegedly involved in another shooting. Authorities there say one person was wounded. Prince faces charges of first-degree attempted murder, possession of a firearm in commission of a felony and two gun charges. His bail has been set at $2.1 million, Wilmington Police said.

Prince went to his job yesterday with the purpose of shooting one or several people, Gahler said at a presser yesterday: “This does appear to be a targeted attack, limited to that business.”

Publicly available details about Prince’s history point to plenty of brushes with the law. Court records show he was arrested on four firearm-related charges in Cecil County two years ago, all of which were dropped. He was also convicted of 15 counts of third-degree burglary in 2003. In that case he was sentenced to 25 years in prison, but all but two years were suspended.

Prince reportedly had problems at his last job earlier this year. The Harford Aegis reported yesterday that he was fired from that job after he punched a co-worker in the face and threatened others. The man who he allegedly punched unsuccessfully filed for a restraining order.

According to the sheriff’s office’s update from last night, the two surviving victims remain in critical condition at the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center here in Baltimore.

Many in the Baltimore area are mourning the three victims, 53-year-old Bayarsaikhan Tudev, 34-year-old Jose Hidalgo Romero and 48-year-old Enis Mrvoljak, 48.

“Words cannot express our feelings,” Advanced Granite Solutions said in a statement posted to its Facebook page. “We mourn the loss of our friends. We would like to send our sincere condolences to the families. May God give our friends eternal rest and the families the strength to bear the great pain. Prayers and condolences to everyone affected by this tragedy.”

The FBI and other agencies are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the mass shooting. Anyone with information to share can call 1-800-CALLFBI.

Ethan McLeod
Follow Ethan

Ethan McLeod

Senior Editor at Baltimore Fishbowl
Ethan has been editing and reporting for Baltimore Fishbowl since fall of 2016. His previous stops include Fox 45, CQ Researcher and Connection Newspapers in Northern Virginia. His freelance writing has been featured in Baltimore City Paper, Leafly, DCist and BmoreArt, among other outlets. He enjoys basketball, humid Mid-Atlantic summers and story tips.
Ethan McLeod
Follow Ethan


Share the News