Police along the I-95 corridor in Maryland and Delaware are working to track down a 37-year-old Elkton man accused of killing three co-workers and wounding two others today in Edgewood.
The mass shooting happened at Advanced Granite Solutions in the Emmorton Business Park in Harford County around 9 a.m. this morning, Harford Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler said at a press conference. Radee Labeeb Prince, the accused shooter, works there and is said to have shot three of his colleagues dead. Two others were wounded and are in critical condition at the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore. Gahler said this morning that one of them had just gotten out of surgery.
The sheriff said Prince has worked at Advanced Granite Solutions for four months and was scheduled to work today. His boss told the AP he works as a machine operator. The company performs home remodeling for kitchens.
“This does appear to be a targeted attack, limited to that business,” Gahler said.
Prince managed to escape in a black GMC Acadia and made it to Delaware, where Wilmington Police say he was involved in another shooting. Details weren’t immediately available about that incident. Authorities say he’s still traveling in his SUV, which has Delaware plates and a tag of PC64273.
“We are just calling for the public’s help not to try to encounter this suspect,” Gahler warned. “And if you see him, please pick up the phone and call 911 and let your local law enforcement know.”
The shooting caused five Edgewood-area school to go on lockdown temporarily, under the advice of the sheriff’s department. It was lifted around noon.
Court records show Prince was charged with four firearm-related violations in Cecil County two years ago, though prosecutors dropped all the charges. He was convicted of 15 counts of third-degree burglary in 2003 and sentenced to 25 years in prison with all but two suspended.
The Harford Aegis, a sister paper to The Baltimore Sun, reports he was fired from another job earlier this year after punching a co-worker in the face and returning to threaten others. The man who was punched in the face filed for a restraining order, but a judge denied his request.
The FBI and agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are assisting with the manhunt.
“Use extreme caution if seen,” the FBI tweeted. “He is armed & dangerous.”
Latest posts by Ethan McLeod (see all)
- Tuesday Afternoon Headlines: Keith Davis Jr.’s fourth murder trial begins; Wen, former city health commissioner, out as head of Planned Parenthood; and more - July 16, 2019
- Council President Scott explains why he asked a judge to free his attacker from a 2009 robbery - July 16, 2019
- Tuesday Morning Headlines: Pigtown bar going to auction; Council president comes to bat for former attacker in court; and more - July 16, 2019