An Upper Fells Point restaurant was damaged in a fire on Friday morning. Neighbors described the incident at Water for Chocolate as a “severe fire.”
According to a Facebook post by neighbor Anthony Garcia, Owner-Chef Sean Guy lived above the restaurant in the building at 1841 E. Lombard St. Guy is safe, but reportedly lost his dog in the incident.
Just days ago, Guy celebrated the restaurant and catering business’ ninth anniversary. Guy’s eclectic food and personal warmth made the spot a neighborhood favorite.
The incident inspired an immediate outpouring from the community. Garcia is providing temporary lodging to Guy at a house he owns across the street, but said the home is currently empty. He is accepting donations from neighbors.
Another frequent patron set up a GoFundMe account to support Guy.
Latest posts by Stephen Babcock (see all)
- Weekend Events Calendar: Maryland State Fair, Maryland Renaissance Festival, Vegan SoulFest, Dog Days of Summer - August 23, 2018
- Weekend Events Calendar: Artscape, after-hours events for Artscape, Ratscape and more - July 19, 2018
- Fourth of July Events Calendar: Fireworks, parties, parades and more - July 2, 2018