Celebrate family and community with The Associated at the Jewish Community Center 6th Annual Block Party! On Sunday, June 2, join in on the fun with a celebration of the vibrant and diverse community of Owings Mills and Baltimore at Rosenbloom Owings Mills JCC. The Community block party is a place where organizations, local businesses and vendors combine with fun activities for kids and entertainment for all. Bring the kids for a day of exciting games, fun challenges and playful discoveries. However, there is more than just fun. Here are four ways to make a change at the JCC Community Block Party.
1. Begin Your Journey at Stevenson University. Before you head on the shuttle bus to go to the Block Party, grab some loose change from your vehicle and drop it in our CHANGE buckets! Teach your kids the value of tzedakah – just a few cents goes a long way to helping their friends and neighbors in Jewish Baltimore.
As part of that effort, use this as an opportunity to talk to your kids about your values and what is important to them. On the shuttle drive to the JCC, ask them questions like: The Associated’s Questions might include:
- Would you rather help a few people in a large way or help many people in a smaller way?
- What cause is most important to you? Do you want to help people, animals, the environment, or something else?
- Would you rather help to provide food for a homeless shelter, spend time reading and playing games with an older adult who is lonely, or spend the day cleaning a stream to help animals in the Chesapeake Bay?
2. No festival is complete without some free swag. Come by our Associated tables and kids can tie dye a t-shirt, that says “I am a Change Maker.” Use this opportunity to ask them how they hope to change the world. At the same time, visit our CHANGE Car.
Check out our branded car. You can even try to win cool Associated prizes by participating in a game at the car.