A fiery explosion rocked Howard County last night, destroying at least six homes.
According to WJZ, one residents called BGE earlier yesterday evening and reported smelling gas. Shortly afterward, a BGE representative came to investigate the leak–and told that resident to get out of her house; minutes later, the building next door exploded. Fortunately, it seems as though no one was killed in the explosion, though two people were transported to the hospital.
Last year, a gas explosion in East Baltimore destroyed a house and killed an 8-year-old boy.
This is a good occasion to remind everyone of the signs that may indicate a gas leak — beyond the telltale rotten-egg odor. Here’s a useful list; remember to be alert!
Latest posts by Rachel Monroe (see all)
- The Effect of a Dilapidated Home on a Baltimore Block - September 19, 2017
- The Ku Klux Klan Is Apparently Still Alive and Well in Maryland - August 24, 2017
- Baltimore May Be Getting a Professional Soccer Team - September 16, 2016