Liberty Mutual Insurance launched this week the return of its “Like My CommunityTM Project,” a Facebook campaign to give more than $100,000 to local non-profits. Employees in four Baltimore offices picked six groups to contend for the cash prizes, which will be awarded based on the number of Facebook likes they receive from June 25 through August 20. The top three winners will receive $30,000 each, the others $3,500 each.
Baltimoreans can cast one vote daily for their favorite cause at facebook.com/libertybaltimore.
The Baltimore Like My Community nominees include:
- · Baltimore Child Abuse Center – Coordinates with the Baltimore City Police, Child Protective Services, the Baltimore City State’s Attorney’s Office, and their own interview and treatment staff to provide support to families coping with the trauma of abuse.
- · Believe in Tomorrow Children’s Foundation – Provides hospital and respite housing services to critically ill children and their families during a child’s medical crisis.
- · Heal a Woman to Heal a Nation – Promotes holistic wellness for women and families through education, physical and mental health, economic and self-empowerment.
- · Kennedy Krieger Institute – Dedicated to improving the lives of children and adolescents with pediatric developmental disabilities and disorders of the brain, spinal cord and musculoskeletal system.
- · SARC (Safety, Awareness, Resources, Change) – Works to end domestic violence, sexual violence, and stalking, which aids its victims and to create a society free from abuse and fear.
- · St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center – Aims to create and maintain equal housing opportunities for low and moderate-income people, primarily in Baltimore City, and to encourage and support strong and diverse neighborhoods.
This is the second year Liberty Mutual has run the Like My Community Project in Baltimore. In 2011, locals chose Harford Family House, Maryland SPCA, and Youth Dreamers to receive the 30 grand from Liberty Mutual. Runners-up, each earning $2,500, were the Chesapeake Bay Foundation, The Family Tree, Health Care for the Homeless, and Maryland Food Bank.
Latest posts by Susan Dunn (see all)
- Happy MLK Day - January 21, 2019
- A New Way to Support Baltimore Fishbowl: Become a Member - December 7, 2018
- Happy Thanksgiving from Baltimore Fishbowl - November 22, 2018