Maryland towns see plenty of items dropped to ring in 2015. On Wednesday night, Easton’s edition will get the cable news spotlight. According to DelMarVa Now, the town’s crab drop will be broadcast live on the special New Year’s Eve broadcast of Anderson Cooper 360. Along with Easton, the show will also be broadcasting from New York, London, Moscow and Beijing.
Here’s some other hometown New Year’s Eve drops around the state:
- Princess Anne drops a muskrat; Marshall P. Muskrat, that is.
- Havre de Grace drops a duck, a nod to its famed decoy museum.
- Hagerstown drops a doughnut, sponsored by Krumpe’s Famous Donuts.
- Baltimore has a massive fireworks celebration at the Inner Harbor.
- And Baltimore’s Hampden has the Disco Ball Drop.
- Frederick drops a giant key.
Latest posts by Stephen Babcock (see all)
- Public safety alert app Citizen launches in Baltimore - February 13, 2019
- Baltimore releases interactive map showing sewage overflows - January 28, 2019
- Weekend Events Calendar: Maryland State Fair, Maryland Renaissance Festival, Vegan SoulFest, Dog Days of Summer - August 23, 2018