Maryland towns see plenty of items dropped to ring in 2015. On Wednesday night, Easton’s edition will get the cable news spotlight. According to DelMarVa Now, the town’s crab drop will be broadcast live on the special New Year’s Eve broadcast of Anderson Cooper 360. Along with Easton, the show will also be broadcasting from New York, London, Moscow and Beijing.
Here’s some other hometown New Year’s Eve drops around the state:
- Princess Anne drops a muskrat; Marshall P. Muskrat, that is.
- Havre de Grace drops a duck, a nod to its famed decoy museum.
- Hagerstown drops a doughnut, sponsored by Krumpe’s Famous Donuts.
- Baltimore has a massive fireworks celebration at the Inner Harbor.
- And Baltimore’s Hampden has the Disco Ball Drop.
- Frederick drops a giant key.
- Coworking while distancing: How Baltimore’s shared workspaces are reopening - August 6, 2020
- Station North has a new spot for food, music, and arcade games - January 10, 2020
- Baltimost: Brittany Young - October 8, 2019