With rumors of more “purges” circulating on social media, some independent schools have decided to close early today as a precaution. From Gilman School:
Given the credible reports of demonstrations moving north out of downtown Baltimore, Gilman will close early today, beginning at 2:00 pm. We will close the campus at 3:00 pm.
- Lower School ASP will not take place.
- Middle School athletics will not take place.
- Upper School athletics will not take place.
- Kangaroo Coach will begin picking up students at approximately 2:30 pm.
If parents and guardians are not able to pick up students at 2:00 pm, we will have adult supervision in each division’s main building. As you head to school to pickup your sons this afternoon, please exercise patience.
In making this decision, we are standing on the side of caution. Thank you for your understanding.
Friends and Boys Latin are closing early today, too.
The Baltimore Sun reported late this morning that Security Square Mall, the Social Security Administration and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in Baltimore County decided to close today.
Latest posts by Susan Dunn (see all)
- Monday Morning Headlines: Mayoral candidates offer ideas at Morgan State forum; NYTimes recounts Under Armour’s struggles; MD takes coronavirus precautions; and more - January 27, 2020
- Friday Morning Headlines: Mayoral candidates question whether police gave special treatment to rival Vignarajah; Mayor addresses Baltimore crime at conference; Female carjacked in North Baltimore; and more - January 24, 2020
- Thursday Morning Headlines: 8 Republicans running for Elijah Cummings Congressional seat; Fam., friends call for justice in Carmen Rodriguez murder; Feds to cut food stamps; and more - January 23, 2020