With rumors of more “purges” circulating on social media, some independent schools have decided to close early today as a precaution. From Gilman School:
Given the credible reports of demonstrations moving north out of downtown Baltimore, Gilman will close early today, beginning at 2:00 pm. We will close the campus at 3:00 pm.
- Lower School ASP will not take place.
- Middle School athletics will not take place.
- Upper School athletics will not take place.
- Kangaroo Coach will begin picking up students at approximately 2:30 pm.
If parents and guardians are not able to pick up students at 2:00 pm, we will have adult supervision in each division’s main building. As you head to school to pickup your sons this afternoon, please exercise patience.
In making this decision, we are standing on the side of caution. Thank you for your understanding.
Friends and Boys Latin are closing early today, too.
The Baltimore Sun reported late this morning that Security Square Mall, the Social Security Administration and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in Baltimore County decided to close today.
Latest posts by Susan Dunn (see all)
- Tuesday Morning Headlines: Baltimore City Council passes plastic bag ban; Baltimore County murder rate continues to rise; AG warns about lottery scam letter; and more - November 19, 2019
- Monday Morning Headlines: Baltimore to subsidize rides for residents in food deserts; After big win, the Ravens might be favorites; 150 cats found in Middle River home; and more - November 18, 2019
- Friday Morning Headlines: Maryland police drone use raises surveillance concerns; city officials take $10K trip to FL; bank teller invades customer’s Bel Air home; and more - November 15, 2019