With rumors of more “purges” circulating on social media, some independent schools have decided to close early today as a precaution. From Gilman School:
Given the credible reports of demonstrations moving north out of downtown Baltimore, Gilman will close early today, beginning at 2:00 pm. We will close the campus at 3:00 pm.
- Lower School ASP will not take place.
- Middle School athletics will not take place.
- Upper School athletics will not take place.
- Kangaroo Coach will begin picking up students at approximately 2:30 pm.
If parents and guardians are not able to pick up students at 2:00 pm, we will have adult supervision in each division’s main building. As you head to school to pickup your sons this afternoon, please exercise patience.
In making this decision, we are standing on the side of caution. Thank you for your understanding.
Friends and Boys Latin are closing early today, too.
The Baltimore Sun reported late this morning that Security Square Mall, the Social Security Administration and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in Baltimore County decided to close today.
- Tuesday Afternoon Headlines: One killed by downed tree from storm; Southeast Baltimore nightclub shut down over Coronavirus violations; and more - August 4, 2020
- Monday Afternoon Headlines: Hogan bans blanket closures of schools; Jos. Bank parent co. files for bankruptcy; Isaias to make landfall tonight; and more - August 3, 2020
- Today is Brandon Weigel’s and Marcus Dieterle’s last day - July 31, 2020