The jack-o-lanterns have been stowed and it’s time for Baltimore to start thinking about holiday shopping. Local stores are jump-starting the holiday season with a variety of events and sales – and even an appearance by the big guy in red.
Below, check out what’s happening in Baltimore this week:
- On Friday, November 7th, new boutique The Girl Next Door opens in the Village of Cross Keys. Launched by the owners of Ruth Shaw, the new shop will focus on contemporary lines with stripped down, but still luxe, aesthetics.
- Kick off the holiday season at Boulevard of Chic Held at Pierce’s Park at Pier 5 and Eastern Avenue from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, November 8th, this event will feature several of the area’s top fashion trucks, including Hobo the Original, Side Dish, Grassroots Charm City Mobile Boutique, Celebrities Mobile Boutique, The Pink Armoire and Go Gorgeous.
- Celebrate Neighborhood Toy Store Day at aMuse Toys in Fells Point and Quarry Lake. On Saturday, November 8th the shops will recognize the day with celebrations of their communities, with 10% of sales donated to a local nonprofit. Over the past five years, aMuse has donated thousands of dollars to local organizations thanks to customer involvement on Neighborhood Toy Store Day.
- Matava Shoes in Greenspring Station will host a trunk show, featuring the Canadian footwear company PAJAR, on Saturday, November 8th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- At 6 p.m. on Saturday, November 8th, at the Peabody Heights Brewery, the Young Democrats of Maryland Women’s Caucus will host the 6th Annual Divas Fashion Show, featuring Baltimore-brewed and inspired beers and local fashion designers including Christopher Schafer Clothier and Ella Moda Couture.
- The holiday season gets underway this week at Towson Town Center, with the arrival of Santa Claus on Friday, November 14th.
- Radcliffe Jewelers will host its annual holiday show from November 14th through the 16th. Representatives from some of Radcliffe’s most loved brands will be on hand to help customers shop for the holidays (or themselves).
- On the 14th at 5 p.m., The QG will host its annual Fall Trunk Show, featuring the classic boot brand Red Wing. From the 14th to the 16th, the purchase of any Red Wing shoes will come with gifts, an additional 20% off Red Wing accessories and the chance to win a free pair of Red Wing boots.
- From now through November 17th, The Pleasure of Your Company is offering 20% off numerous holiday photocards (through their website only).
- And you can catch the Gottex Trunk Show from the 13th-15th at Bare Necessities in Green Spring Station
- Hot Plate: National Margarita Day celebrations, wine dinners, whiskey tastings and more - February 21, 2020
- Hot Plate: Valentine’s Day spillover, Chocolate Fest at Union Collective and more - February 14, 2020
- Hot Plate: Ekiben and CookHouse open, Valentine’s Day around town and more - February 7, 2020