After curating 22 pop-up shops over the last three years, Vanessa Milio has debuted her unique art, bath items and home décor products at the Village of Cross Keys.
Tag: pop-up shops
By Kit Waskom Pollard
Bells are ringing and children are singing all over Baltimore this week. With the Monument lit and a chill in the air, the city is in full-fledged holiday mode – which means shopping has never been better.
This week, find sales and events all over the region. Here’s a look at some of what’s happening this weekend and all week long.
- Santa has arrived at The Shops at Kenilworth, along with the storied annual holiday train garden. Breakfast with Santa, benefiting the Salvation Army, will take place every Saturday between now and Christmas, and stop in frequently to hear local choral groups and enjoy the season’s festivities.
- Head to The Village of Cross Keys on December 6th, starting at 9 a.m., for special holiday events including the Poinsettia Patrol, a book signing with cookbook author Nancy Baggett and live music at Village Square Café. (updated- Breakfast with Santa was canceled.)
- Visit Wyndhurst Station on December 6th for the Holiday Spree, including “cheer” and excitement at each Wyndhurst shop
- The Roland Park Country School Holiday Fair will take place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, December 6th. With food, musical performances and raffles – plus shopping – the fair is fun for the whole family.
- Becket Hitch, in Green Spring Station, is featuring pop-ups all month long. Stop in on Saturday December 6th to check out Sassy’s Tomato Jam and visit on the 11th to meet local leatherworkers Almanac Industries. While at Green Spring, drop into Cupcake Shop to check out their new digs – the Fells Point shop made the move north just recently – and stop by Panache to catch the tail end of the Blessings in Disguise trunk show.
- Hampden will be buzzing with events all week long, including a Kinderhook snacks pop-up at Trohv on the 7th and the “Night of the Krampus” from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the 12th. The Night of the Krampus will include a book signing at Bazaar, carols and a Krampus-themed ice cream flavor created by The Charmery.
- Charm City Craft Mafia presents their annual Holiday Heap at Space 2640, in St. John’s Church on St. Paul Street, on December 6th. The fair will feature over fifty local artists and artisans selling all kinds of handmade goods.
- Find unusual gifts for everyone on your list at the Merry Mart Holiday Craft Show at the Creative Alliance. Taking place on Sunday, December 7th, the show will feature dozens of cool, unique vendors and their wares.
- The Baltimore Fashion Alliance Holiday Party will take place at the Pier 5 Hotel on Tuesday, December 7th at 7 p.m. Tickets ($25) include food and one drink – plus access to a great silent auction.
- On Tuesday, December 9th, shop while you nosh during Federal Hill’s 19th annual Festive Flavors walking tour of shops, galleries, restaurants and bars. Tickets are $55 and include seven food and drink stops throughout the historic neighborhood.
- The Shops at Ruxton will host a Holiday Sip & Shop on Wednesday, December 10th starting at 4 p.m. Each shop will offer something special – so be sure to make the rounds.
- From Wednesday, December 10th through Friday the 12th, MICA will present its eighth annual Art Market, featuring great artworks and more designed and created by MICA students, alumni, faculty and staff.
- On Thursday, December 11th, Midnight Madness makes its second appearance in Annapolis, with shops open until midnight and a whole host of fun events and activities.
- Catch Liza Byrd and Sassanova, among others, at the Green Spring Valley Hunt Club’s Ladies Holiday Luncheon on Thursday, December 11th. And from now through Christmas Eve, visit Sassanova in Harbor East to experience the Advent of Savings, including discounts up to 40% off and free surprise gifts.
Holiday shopping season has started in earnest, with a bevy of sales and events happening around town. Local shops are getting into festive mode, pairing their discounts with snacks, wine and champagne. Cheers!
Here’s what’s on the shopping radar in Baltimore this week:
- On Saturday, November 15th, catch the last day of the Ronen Chen trunk show at Lori K. Check out the designer’s Spring 2015 collection and receive 20% off all orders.
- From now through November 17th, Chezelle in The Village of Cross Keys will host a trunk show featuring the clothing of JSS and Margaret Winters. Check their website for a 10% coupon on trunk show purchases or orders. Also, through November 16th, receive a free gift from Chezelle in exchange for three nonperishable food times to be donated to Paul’s Place in Washington Village.
- It’s a Personalization Palooza at Simply Noted on Wednesday, November 19th. All day, personalized items will be 10% off, with free shipping. And from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., the store will be in party mode, with champagne, wine and snacks.
- It’s Ladies’ Night Out in Fells Point on Thursday, November 20th. From 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., local shops will offer discounts and sales. Check in at The Admiral’s Cup to pick up a special shopping bag and find out more details.
- Beaujolais is back! On November 20th, Francophiles will rejoice as the new vintage of the young French wine hits stateside shelves. Celebrate all day at BIN 604 in Harbor East, with complimentary tastings and festive fun.
- It’s all about the sweets at the Kinderhook Snacks pop-up at Becket Hitch. From 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday November 20th, stop in to pre-order Kinderhook cookies for the holiday season and to stock up on goodies for the weekend.
- Silhouette artist Karl Johnson will be at The Corduroy Button in The Shops at Kenilworth on Friday, November 21st. Stop by or call the store to make an appointment with the “Silhouette Artist to the Stars.”
Though not technically the beginning of summer, Memorial Day weekend marks the cultural beginning of summer. Swimming is on. We take up gin drinks instead of whiskey. White shoes, white pants. And of course, from here on out, the barbecue is perpetually fired up for the foreseeable future. Summer fun is (almost-kinda) upon us. But if you’ve ever taken last year’s swimsuit out of the closet to discover it just doesn’t have the snap and sheen it once did, you know it’s time to re-up that particular summer time staple. This season, the line that’s all the rage is Mandalynn—with two of our favorite local boutiques featuring pop-up shops for the super fabulous line of swimwear.
If you frequent the Waverly or JFX farmer’s markets, you’ve likely seen the guys from Blacksauce Kitchen serving up some of the most enticing biscuitry (can we get a copyright on that word, please?) you’re likely to come across. This weekend, (just like their biscuits) Blacksauce will be popping up—on Sunday afternoon at Trohv in Hampden. The event is a trifecta of sorts—gift-shopping, biscuit-nibbling, and coffee-sipping. Since you’ll surely be out and about this weekend finishing up the shopping, and since the Avenue is always a good bet for unique finds, be sure to stop by Trohv between noon and three on Sunday to get in on this special event.