from our friends the 2 Health Nuts~
Still thinking about your “New Year’s Resolution?” Are you finding it hard to take the first step towards changing your behaviors & making that mindset switch?
Let the “2 Health Nuts” assist and guide you on your journey towards a sustainable and realistic change. IDEA Fitness Journal recently published an article on weight loss and happiness. “People often begin a weight loss journey with high hopes that once they reach their goal, their quality of life will improve.” Recent studies are now suggesting this is not the “golden ticket” to a happier, healthier life.
This research is exactly in line with what we, the 2 Health Nuts, advocate and educate our clients on every day. In the article, IDEA asked North Carolina fitness director, Leslie Ann Quillen, her thoughts. Her response: “promote, and focus, on quality of life improvements in ways that do not involve the scale.” Oh Leslie, we are right there with you!
Our Behavioral Change and Mindset Coaching goes deep…we mean really deep. Beyond “yes” and “no” “approved” foods, or how long you should be working out, we want to find out about YOU. Everyone is different; sure, the skeleton of our program may be the same for participants, but that’s just it, a simple outline to follow. The content and literature we educate on will vary for each client. No two programs will look the same. They are unique, just like you.
We are three weeks away from our February 1st start. There is plenty of time to still register! If we still have not gotten your attention, here are some tips that Leslie offers, and one’s that we will really GO DEEP with throughout the program. Remember, there are lots of ways to register – multiple links through Facebook or feel free to email/message us for more details.
1. Act as if you are already there. It is that simple – “get up every day and act as if you are living in your ideal body, at your desired body composition, and do the things that lean, fit individuals do.”
2. Non-scale victories are the BEST. Our self-worth & success should not be defined by the numbers on a battery operated machine. While we know it is hard, we need to look beyond this and focus on the benefits of healthy living (big-picture Health Nuts). What does this look like? Well, it can be many things…you define. Track progress by means of before and after pictures; master a challenging strength or yoga move; run your first race; strive to make fat-loss friendly meals 5 or 6 days per week.
3. No more negative self-talk…#begrateful Sure, we all have our vices; “I wish I looked like Jennifer Aniston” or “If only I could have 6-pack abs, I would be so much happier.” Yes, we have all been there, or are still there, but where is this getting us? Instead, focus on being grateful for what you do have and are able to do! “I may not have 6-pack abs but I can hold my plank position, with perfect form, for 1 minute.”
Latest posts by Sponsored Post Staff (see all)
- Join St. Timothy’s School for their Preview Day on 1/19 - January 15, 2019
- Enjoy Baltimore Restaurant Week in Harbor East – Now – 1/20 - January 14, 2019
- Wilson Lighting & Interiors Winter Sale - January 14, 2019