Firefighters were called at 6:00 a.m. this morning to a two-alarm fire at 101 Longwood Road in Roland Park, according to WBAL. The fire quickly engulfed the back of the house and spread across the roof and rafters of the shingle-style house. Using 4 inch “attack hoses”, firefighters manned two ladder trucks in their efforts to contain the blaze.
A Roland Park neighbor reports that the house belongs to a young family with two elementary school-age children and a baby. The mother of the family first heard the crackling of the flames. It was not until after the fire engines arrived that the smoke detectors in the house went off.
A Longwood Road neighbor, walking her dog at 5:30 a.m., was the first one on the scene. Fortunately, all members of the family were able to get out of the house safely. At 10am, the fire had subsided, and firefighters were securing the scene. No cause of the fire was reported, but there was speculation that it may have started in the electrical system.
“The house is probably done,” said the neighbor. “Wow…”
We will continue to add to this story as we learn more. Cynthia McIntyre contributed to this story.
Latest posts by Susan Dunn (see all)
- Marion Winik will read from her new book at the Baltimore Book Festival this weekend - September 28, 2018
- Invitation to Baltimore Fishbowl Launch Party at Johnny’s, Sept. 17 - September 14, 2018
- The Insider: A Bolton Hill Masterpiece Mixes the Old and the New - August 30, 2018