This month, Live Baltimore will host a series of free pop-up events to introduce potential homebuyers to untapped areas of the city while preparing them for the home-buying process. The casual gatherings lead up to Buying into Baltimore West on Saturday, May 12, an event to give homebuyers a chance to connect with neighborhood residents and see each neighborhood from a local’s point-of-view.
In recent years, Live Baltimore has become known for its bi-annual Buying into Baltimore events. Buying into Baltimore West in May and Buying into Baltimore East in September help potential homebuyers divide and conquer the city’s real estate while offering a $4,000 incentive to buy a home in the city. To receive the incentive, the buyer must go under contract within 90 days of the Buying into Baltimore event and earn a Homeownership Counseling Certificate. Earning one requires one group counseling session and one individual counseling session. Live Baltimore hosts two group counseling sessions, led by city-certified counselors.
“As the experts on Baltimore City living, we go through a checklist of sorts to determine what neighborhoods are on the brink of being discovered, what sort of lifestyle they offer and then we use our resources to connect homebuyers with the neighborhoods that match the lifestyle they’re seeking,” explained Steven Gondol, Live Baltimore’s Executive Director. “We look into the area’s home sales which should be stable if not increasing; is there a neighborhood association or voice that takes care of the community; last but not least, we also look for a desirable main street feel with walkable access to shopping, entertainment and dining options.” Live Baltimore has carefully selected the most promising communities on the West side of town to highlight during April pop-up events, listed below:
• On Wednesday, April 11, Live Baltimore will pop up smack dab in the middle of downtown for a rooftop cocktail party in Pigtown. Close to everything, this area will highlight Pigtown along with Barre Circle, Hollins Market, Ridgely’s Delight and Union Square.
• On Wednesday, April 18 homebuyers will be introduced to the Northwestern areas of Medfield, Remington, Reservoir Hill and Wyman Park at a dessert happy hour hosted in Hampden, home to a bevy of eclectic art galleries, restaurants and boutiques.
• On Wednesday, April 25, Live Baltimore will pop up in Glen for a backyard barbeque to spotlight the Cheswolde, Cross Country, Fallstaff and Mount Washington communities of single-family homes, spacious yards and tree-lined streets.
The pop-up events will take place between 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., with special sessions at 12-1:00 p.m. and 5-7:00 p.m. Live Baltimore partners will be on hand to help potential homebuyers prepare for the home-buying process, learning about incentives available and qualification requirements. They’ll also be able to walk through homes for sale in the area. Guests will be able to learn more about and register for the Buying into Baltimore West event as well as enroll in Live Baltimore’s group counseling sessions on May 2 or May 3.
Latest posts by Edited from Press Release (see all)
- BUILD Calls on Corporate and Civic Sectors for a Radical Vision and Collective Leadership - April 8, 2019
- The League for People with Disabilities Hosts FREE Family Fun Art Festival on 8/18 - August 9, 2018
- Three Baltimore Design School Students Win Summer Scholarships in ‘Open Tank’ Makers Competition at Open Works - July 3, 2018