The future is the focus on June 9, 2016, for one of the most anticipated events of the Centennial year at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
“What’s Next? The Future of Public Health” will gather some of the nation’s top writers on issues affecting health to share their unique perspectives. Working outside of academic research yet intimately familiar with the challenges of public health, these writers will discuss prospects for the future based on their careful study of current issues.
Open to the public, the free afternoon event will take place at the Bloomberg School and will be webcast live.
Writers have an outsized influence on how mass audiences perceive public health. Their perspectives help shape broad opinion and attitudes to critical public health issues. In this event, writers will probe the future based on their expertise in climate change, social justice and pandemics—important topics of public opinion.
- Yamiche Alcindor, a national political reporter for the New York Times who also produces videos on human trafficking, gun violence and poverty.
- Bill McKibben, bestselling author of The End of Nature and 14 other books, environmentalist and founder of 350.org, a grassroots climate change initiative.
- Sonia Shah, author of the new book Pandemic: Tracking Contagions from Cholera to Ebola and Beyond; and The Fever: How Malaria Has Ruled Humankind for 500,000 Years.
Join us for an afternoon of bold thinking and provocative discussions on the future of public health.
- What’s Next? The Future of Public Health
- Thursday, June 9, 2016
- Event starts at 1 p.m. sharp and will end at 3 p.m.
- Sommer Hall, E2014
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- 615 N. Wolfe Street
- Event will be webcast.
Directions and parking information for the Johns Hopkins East Baltimore Campus. The Washington Street garage at 701 N. Washington Street is closest to the School. (It is not listed on the parking website.)
Registration is required for the live event. Space is limited.
For more information contact [email protected] or 410-502-7081
Latest posts by Sponsored Post Staff (see all)
- Quaker Community Day at Friends School of Baltimore - November 12, 2018
- An Evening With Marion Winik and Laura Lippman at the Church of the Redeemer, Nov. 10 - November 9, 2018
- Cheers to Sweet Sales with Harbor East’s Black Friday Block Party – 11/23/18 - November 9, 2018