With the summer travel season upon us, our friends at Eater have put together a a guide to eating and drinking at BWI Airport.
“It can be hard to find something good to eat at the airport, especially if you don’t have a lot of time to search around. But, there are a few gems out there if you know where to go,” the guide reads.
The guide includes info about all of the restaurants in each terminal, and recommendations for where to go if you have some time to kill, or if you just need a quick bite on the way to the gate.
BWI’s Five Standouts
1) Obrycki’s Restaurant & Bar: This restaurant has its origins in Baltimore’s Fells Point neighborhood and has long been regarded as one of the top places in the city for steamed crabs. The Fells Point restaurant closed in November 2011, sadly, so its airport locations are all Obrycki’s has left. Go for all things crab — from crab cakes to soft crab and crab soup, plus other bar-friendly dishes (Concourse B).
2) Vino Volo Wine Bar: Not bad at all for an airport wine bar, Vino Volo has a small menu of small bites, sandwiches, and charcuterie. Think things like smoked salmon rolls, braised pork tacos, a tuscan chicken sandwich and more. (Concourse A).
3) California Tortilla: Originally based out of Bethesda, Maryland, this chain is a local favorite for its burritos, tacos, fajitas, quesadillas and salads. Cal Tort, as many Washingtonians call it, likes to describe itself as “spunky” and it boasts a Wall of Flame lined with more than 75 kinds of hot sauces from the mild to the super spicy(Concourse A/B).
4) DuClaw Brewing Company: The spot for your pre-flight beers, this Maryland microbrewery has a menu of burgers, seafood, soups and salads plus a range of beers on tap from their brewery in Bel Air (pre-security, Concourse A/B).
5) The Greene Turtle: The Greene Turtle has got a wide reach in the DC area with locations dotting Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and one in DC proper. This sports bar offers pub food like burgers, soups, sandwiches, steak and crab cakes (Concourse D).
Bolding and * denotes Eater’s seal of approval
Latest posts by The Eds. (see all)
- The Baltimore Fishbowl 2019-2020 Guide to Baltimore Independent Schools is out - September 16, 2019
- Weekend Events Calendar: Pratt Central Library reopens, Roots and Raíces Festival, Abell Community Street Festival - September 12, 2019
- Photo Gallery: The Maryland State Fair on film - September 6, 2019